The NYS OASAS HOPEline provides referrals for those seeking problem gambling treatment services statewide and is often the first point of contact for someone who is seeking help.
Through the Problem Gambling Training Partnership, New York state licensed professionals in the disciplines of social work, mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy and psychoanalysis may opt to be considered to be part of the new Problem Gambling Treatment Referral List.
In order to ensure quality services are provided by this new network of private practitioners, OASAS will require minimum standards that private practitioners must meet in order to be qualified to be included on the list and receive problem gambling treatment referrals.
Eligibility Requirements To Be On Referral List
In order to be eligible to receive problem gambling referrals, NYS licensed mental health professionals must first meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of the 2 Day training as offered through the Problem Gambling Training Partnership.
- Successful completion of 2 webinars entitled “An Introduction to Cognitive Motivational Behavioral Therapy: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Primer” and “An Introduction to Cognitive Motivational Behavior Therapy: Motivational Interviewing Primer” for a total of 3 hours.
- Have an active, current and in good standing NYS Department of Education license in one of the above mentioned disciplines.
- Show proof of malpractice insurance.
- Provide three letters of reference.
- Participate in a collaborative interview with the NYCPG Referral Network Coordinator to determine availability, location of services, participating insurance panels, fee structures including sliding scale and ability to pay, as well as services offered.
- Sign an MOU or Letter of Agreement with NYCPG.
NYCPG will have final determination as to whether or not the licensed practitioner meets eligibility requirements and can provide services that will effectively meet the needs of someone affected by problem gambling.
If you are interested in being added to the program gambling treatment referral list, click this link to begin.
If you have any questions about this process, please reach out to Jaime Costello at (518) 867-4084 or firstname.lastname@example.org.