Through participation in the NYS Problem Gambling Training Partnership, New York state licensed mental health practitioners with a private practice may opt to be considered to be part of the Problem Gambling Treatment Referral List.
In order to ensure quality services are provided by this new network of private practitioners, OASAS will require minimum standards that private practitioners must meet in order to be qualified to be included on the list and receive problem gambling treatment referrals.
In order to be eligible to receive problem gambling referrals, NYS licensed mental health professionals must first meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a private practice in New York State
- Participate in at least one insurance panel and/or accept sliding scale fee-for-service
- Have an active, current and in good standing NYS Department of Education license
- Successful completion of the 2 Day training as offered through the Problem Gambling Training Partnership
- Successful completion of 2 webinars entitled “An Introduction to Cognitive Motivational Behavioral Therapy: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Primer” and “An Introduction to Cognitive Motivational Behavior Therapy: Motivational Interviewing Primer” for a total of 3 hours
- Successful completion of the NYCPG 60 hour core curriculum
- Show proof of malpractice insurance
- Provide three professional letters of reference
- Participate in a collaborative interview with the NYCPG staff to determine availability, location of services, participating insurance panels, fee structures including sliding scale and ability to pay, as well as services offered
- Sign an MOU or Letter of Agreement with NYCPG
NYCPG will have final determination as to whether or not the licensed practitioner meets eligibility requirements and can provide services that will effectively meet the needs of someone affected by problem gambling.
If you are interested in being added to the program gambling treatment referral list, click this link to complete an inquiry form. NYCPG will follow-up with you upon receipt of your inquiry.
If you have any questions about this process, please reach out to Jennifer Wood at (518) 867-4084 or firstname.lastname@example.org.