Through participation in the NYS Problem Gambling Training Partnership, New York state licensed mental health practitioners with a private practice may opt to be considered part of the Problem Gambling Treatment Referral List.
In order to ensure quality services are provided by this new network of private practitioners, OASAS will require minimum standards that private practitioners must meet in order to be qualified to be included on the list and receive problem gambling treatment referrals.
In order to be eligible to receive problem gambling referrals, NYS licensed mental health professionals must first meet the following criteria:
- • Be a licensed professional in good standing, licensed by the NYS Education Department. Accepted licensure includes- LMSW, LCSW, Certified Nurse Practitioner, Occupational Therapist, Physician, Physician Assistant, Registered Professional Nurse, LMHP, LMFT, Psychoanalysts, Psychologists, and Psychiatrists
• Provide services in New York State
• Provide services through private practice or a group practice that does not receive any funding from NYS OASAS, NYS OMH, or any other state office. Practitioners providing consultation services unrelated to problem gambling, such as DWI assessment and screening are acceptable.
• Have your own malpractice insurance
• Be on at least one insurance panel and/or provide a sliding scale fee for service
• Provide three professional references
• Complete a collaborative interview
• Complete all required training including: 2-Day Problem Gambling Training Partnership State-Approved Problem Gambling Training; A Primer on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Webinar; Motivational Interviewing Primer Webinar; and Problem Gambling Treatment Specialist – 60 Hour Core Curriculum Training
• Sign an NYCPG PGRC MOU
• Maintain an up to date account in the NYCPG Portal for practice information, client records, and billing
NYCPG will have final determination as to whether or not the licensed practitioner meets eligibility requirements and can provide services that will effectively meet the needs of someone affected by problem gambling.
If you are interested in being added to the program gambling treatment referral list, click this link to complete an inquiry form. NYCPG will follow-up with you upon receipt of your inquiry.
If you have any questions about this process, please reach out to Jennifer Wood at (518) 867-4084 or email@example.com.